Thursday, December 13, 2007

An Open Letter To Them High-Ups

Dear Microsoft (Attn: Xbox Live People):

Wanna make something useful for the next dashboard update?

How about giving me control over the scrolling text when I am looking to purchase something from the marketplace? I have a right analog stick on my controller, you know. I could be using that to scroll up and down through the item descriptions so that I may read at my own pace. If I doze off while waiting to read about your latest Arcade title, I probably won't be making the purchase.

And another handy-dandy idea would be to let me truly customize my dashboard themes. Sure, you tease me with that "customize" option, but that only lets me change two rather minor details. I've purchased these fancy-dan themes... let me choose where and how to use them. It would be awesome to pick-and-choose individual backgrounds from different theme packs... would I be hoping beyond hope for that? I would even be happy to settle with the ability to decide which background goes on which blade within the single theme selection. And I do like being happy. You want me to be happy, dontcha Mr. Microsoft Man Who Takes My Money?

Sincerely With Sincere Sincerity,
me


***

Since I'm feeling too lazy for a separate post...

I downloaded the new Grand Theft Auto 4 trailer (off of the Xbox Marketplace... see, it all ties in!) and I have to say, I am not impressed. It still looks like a PS2 game. Same stiff, blocky characters; no hair or clothing animation to speak of; an overall lack of texture; general unimpressiveness.

And the story department also seems to be eating at the same Rehash Diner. Generic Career Criminal dealing with Generic Underworld Types in old Scorsese plotlines.

Maybe they're intentionally trying to kill the hype, and then when the game comes out it can easily exceed the lowered expectations.

Right.

Maybe they should just not release any press materials before the game comes out.

No comments: