Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Red Light Spectacle, Part 2: The Conclusion?

As anti-climatic as it may seem, I received my Xbox 360 today.

Less than an hour after my last post, the UPS delivery guy rang the bell and pounded on the door (at the same time, too... is that protocol?). I signed for it and that was that.

It was not my original unit, but an identical replacement. Too bad, I was hoping for a version with a HDMI port.

I hooked it up... discovering the rechargeable batteries in my controllers had died while they laid in wait. I had to dig out the original AA battery cartridge and sync the controller to the new console. Then I had to reinput all my wireless internet connection information.

And then...

That was is it. It worked.

I was prepared for a big hassle with my downloadable content not working on the new system... but it did. My Puzzle Fighter theme was intact. Looking over my Arcade games, they seemed right. I plugged in Rock Band and tried one of the downloaded songs and it still worked (although I only got four stars, so maybe something was amiss...).

What else is there to do but shrug and start the stopwatch on the life of this new console? I never thought everything working would be so disappointing.

No comments: