Sunday, November 4, 2007

And In November We Have...

There's quite a list of games coming out this month. Surprisingly, there may be enough Wii games I'm interested in to double my current collection. Here's some of the games coming out, that carry varied levels of hype for me.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
I enjoyed the last couple of games in the series. I'm glad to see them depart WWII after beating that dead horse with various quasi-sequels. But will they bring a new perspective to modern times that I can't get from games like Battlefield 2? I'll probably rent this one and wait for a price drop (or gold edition) before buying it.

Scene It
I just want those giant button controllers! It's a huge button! Push it! PUSH IT!!!

LEGO Star Wars Complete Saga
There hasn't been much talk of this title. Did they add anything to the games or just combine them into one? Is it even just one game, or two discs in a box? I don't know. I would hope they went back and made the original's racing segments better. But probably not. I'll be letting this one slip by.

Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2
I can't get any of my friends to play the first one with me. Will this new one inspire less laziness? Likely not. I'm guessing it'll be identical.

Need For Speed ProStreet
A new Need For Speed continues to be cranked out year after year. The only one I played was Most Wanted, and quickly grew bored of the series. Way too many other racers out there for me to even bother with this one right now.

Rock Band
I am quite eager to get my hands on this one. I'll probably be disappointed in the lack of story, but will most likely enjoy hosting Rock Band parties for my friends. It's just too bad there's no Blind Melon in the lineup.

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
A high-profile Olympics game? Try and keep me away. Especially with the inclusion of Miis? Goodbye free time. But hey, why aren't any of the licensed characters wearing track and field uniforms? Surely they didn't just slap existing character models into the game, did they? And kind of odd timing for summer Olympics, isn't it?

Catz 2, Dogz 2 & Horsez 2
Um, yeah. I'll be skipping these. But that doesn't mean everybody should miss these Petz simulators for the Wii!

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
It's weird to say, but the quality of this zombie game really depends on the storytelling. With RE4 already on the Wii, this new game needs to deliver something special to stand out.

WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2008
Do wrestling games need annual releases? Other than taking Chris Benoit out of the lineup (I presume), is there much they could have changed that they couldn't have provided via downloadable content? If there's any game that needs annual releases, it's Mario Kart (at least new tracks each year) but that never happens.

Super Mario Galaxy
This game has a weird sense of hype to it. There's only vague marketing for it, which worries me. With the delay of Smash Bros Brawl, did they decide they HAD to get this game out even if they weren't done yet? It just seems to have a foreboding sense about it. I hope it's good.

Soul Calibur Legends
After Soul Calibur 3 being PS2 exclusive, I'm glad to see Nintendo regaining a piece of the franchise with this new exclusive title. I'm not sure how it can possibly go wrong... except with the responsiveness of the controls. Hopefully, the game will provide multiple controller configurations. But I'll be renting it first to make sure.

M&M Kart Racing
Is this a real game? It looks like it should be free with 2 proof of purchases. $30?? Wha???

Time Crisis 4
I've not played any of the Time Crisis games, although I've had some interest in trying them out. Perhaps this latest edition will pull me in? But are light gun games still relevant in the age of the Wii?

Mario Party DS
I like Mario Party games, although they aren't very fulfilling. Perhaps the experience will seem larger on the smaller screen? I'm willing to give it a try.

Puzzle De Harvest Moon
A Harvest Moon game, where multiple players compete to grow crops on the same grid. Just like the other Harvest Moon games, it sound much more dull than it hopefully is.

Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
This is the kind of Wii action I like! The multiplayer looks greatly improved over the first game, and should be the star attraction. If the controls are tight, this could be the best multiplayer game on the system.

Mass Effect
I like RPGs a lot, but my schedule does not. I'll sit and play for hours, exploring and trying out every little thing, hardly ever progressing through the game. I have several games I put 40+ hours into and never finished because something new caught my attention. I foresee it happening again.

Assassin's Creed
I was never big on this game. There's been footage of it for about two years now. It's got realistic looking people... at least in extreme slow-motion. And two years ago, that was impressive. But this is definitely a rental first, until the gameplay can be determined. Oh, and that E3 trailer showing the slo-mo leaps from rooftop to rooftop: I thought I was watching a remake of Wizards and Warriors 3. (I really liked that game, by the way. Where's that on the Virtual Console?)


Well, that's pretty much it for November. But isn't that enough? How am I supposed to have money left to buy gifts for other people next month?

And when does the Next Gen Timesplitters happen?!?!?

No comments: