Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Customer Service, Part Two

In all fairness, I just want to mention the follow-up to the post I made about my crappy experience with Toys R Us last week.

I emailed their customer service with my grievances, and they replied:

I am sorry that you were not able to purchase this game. I also apologize for the poor customer service that you received.
There was a shipping problem and the stores did not receive the inventory they expected. This resulted in only pre-orders being filled.

If I had gotten this told to me when I was at the store, I would not have had any issues with their service (aside from the lady who I spoke to on the phone. Why did she know that the game was "out", but not "out only for pre-orders?"). Perhaps post a sign stating that they were not shipped the expected quantities? Perhaps not put up the entire endcap with the huge topper stating the amazing deal that you aren't able to get?

Instead, just hope apologizing well after the fact will restore customer satisfaction. Good luck, TRU.

No comments: